Alibaba’s 2020 11.11 Global Shopping Festival is now halfway through its second and final sales period. As of 00:35 am on November 11, more than 340 brands surpassed RMB100 million in sales, with 13 brands surpassing RMB1 billion in GMV.
Consumption patterns show strong demand for imported products as a result of restrictions on overseas travel due to the pandemic. Consumers are also consciously spending to improve and support their personal health. Below are additional highlights from the past few hours:
Hundreds of brands breaking records:
- 342 brands surpassed RMB100 million in GMV and 13 brands have surpassed RMB1 billion in GMV as of 00:35 am on November 11 based on accumulation starting from 00:00 am of November 1.
- Apple, L’Oréal, Haier, Estée Lauder, Nike, Huawei, Midea, Lancôme, Xiaomi and Adidas are among the brands that exceeded the RMB100 million mark.
Imported healthcare products are super popular:
- The top categories of imported products ranked by GMV are: food supplements, facial beauty tools, infant and toddler milk powder, skincare sets, and facial masks as of 09:00 am on November 11 based on accumulation starting from 00:00 am of November 1.
- The top 10 imported brands ranked by GMV are: YA-MAN, Aptamil, Swisse, KAO, Shiseido, A.H.C, SmoothSkin, a 2, Bio Island, and Emporio Armani as of 9 am on November 11 based on accumulation starting from 00:00 am of November 1.
Empowering new brands and agricultural products:
- 357 new brands became the top sellers in their respective subcategories on November 1 based on accumulation starting from 00:00 am of November 1. More than 1,800 new brands surpassed their GMV from 11.11 last year and 94 new brands enjoyed sales growth of over 1,000%.
- More than 300,000 merchants from impoverished counties participated in this year’s 11.11. During the period starting 1 November to 10 November, their GMV increased 74% year-over-year. Of these, 52 merchants saw a 122% growth in GMV year-over-year.